Trail Corps volunteers explore possible new routing options.
Trail Corps volunteers perform route-related tasks on a state or local basis. Given our limited staff, we depend on the eyes and ears of our volunteers in each state to help us maintain a high quality route, maps, guides, and cue sheets.
Specifically, Trail Corps members:
- Field-check cue sheets
- Explore or field-check proposed interim and off-road routes
- Check out walking route conditions and wheelchair accessibility
- Monitor the condition and presence of posted signage
- Check route conditions and report problems
- Keep ECG maps and brochures stuffed in boxes along the trail
- Provide other route-related services as needed
If you are interested in joining the Trail Corps, please contact ECGA's Trail Coordinator, Eric Weis, at email@example.com.__