Send us your news! If you have news that would be of interest to the ECGA and ECGA members, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name so we know whom to credit for the tip!
For up-to-date news, check out the ECGA Facebook Page!
On this page:
Print Newsletters Archive
Annual Reports & State of the Trail Reports
ECG in the news
- April2013: Senator Cardin Speaking at ECG Greenway Summit in Baltimore, Membership Renewal Season, New MD/DC ECG Guide Out, Exciting Trail Openings and Bridge Placement in NC, Upcoming Events, and more
- March 2013: Celebrating Our Trail Coordinator's 15 Years at the ECGA, Upcoming Events, More Greenway Coming in PA and DE, Trail Openings in NC, Construction on New Sections Greenway in Florida Keys, and more
- February 2013: ECG Reception in DC, New Greenway Videos in NJ Parks, Providence RI Route Input Needed, New Bike Plans and Infrastructure in PA & MD, New Trails in FL, and more
- January 2013: National Bike Summit, Signs Make the ECG Safer, Connecticut Members Meeting, Key ECG Section Near Completion in NC, and more
- December 2012: Celebrating a Great Year!, Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation Keeps NJ and ECG Leader, Record Number of ECG Signs Posted in 2012, and more
- November 2012: Celebrating the Life of an ECG Hero, 2012 Fall Meeting a Huge Success, Record 22 New Trail Designations, and more
- October 2012: New ECG Guide to Biking and Walking in Virgina, Couple Weds on the ECG, Bike/Ped Bridge Opens in Philadelphia, Bike to the 2012 Fall Meeting, Cyclists Enjoy Florida ECG,and much more
- September 2012: 2012 Week a Year Tour a Huge Success, "Getting Where you Want to Go" Guide in CT, Middlesex Greenway Open in NJ, Upcoming Georgia-lina Bike Summit, Halifax Greenway Moving Forward in Florida,and much more
- August 2012: Fundrasing for a Cause on the ECG, New England Events Support the ECG, Susquehanna Bridge Crossing by Bus, ECG Construction in NC, Tour of ECG Alt. Route in Florida,and much more
- July 2012: Largest Tour in ECG History a Huge Success, Beautiful New Bridge in Boston, NYC Events, BCBS NC Invests in ECG Segments, Postcard from Key Largo to Key West Tour,and much more
- June 2012: New ECG SSection Opens between Newark and Jersey City, Cabot Tour Finale July 7th, Tobacco Heritage Trail progress, upcoming Events, and much more
- May 2012: Record Number of ECG New Trail Designations, National Meetings a Huge Success, Cabot Tour In Progress, Upcoming Events, and much more
- April 2012: National Meetings in Maine, Bicycle Coalition of Maine's 20th Anniversary, Congressman Holt of NJ Walks the ECG, Cabot Event in NC, Florida Greenways Webinar May 10th, and much more
- March 2012: ECGA at the National Bike Summit, Upcoming Events in MA, Construction on ECG in PA, Beaufort Rail-Trail Coming Soon in SC, Mayport Ferry Task Force in FL, much more
- February 2012: Members Bike and Walk for the ECG, Hop River Trail Bridge in CT, Upcoming Events in NY, Cabot Tour in NC, Georgia Greenway Updates, much more
- January 2012: ECGA Co-hosts the Surgeon General in Durham, Roundtable with Congressional Leaders, New Trail Mileage Signs, Trail Progress in MA, Key Gap Closure from Miami to Key West, much more
- December 2011: 2012 Week-a-Year Tour, Eastern Trail Addition, New Jersey Closes Key ECG Gap, Charleston, SC Bike/ped Bridge Solutions, Florida Trail Progress, much more
- November 2011: ECG 20th Anniversary Celebrations in NYC on Dec. 10th, $20 for 20 to Support the ECG, ECG Founders, much more
- October 2011: New ECG Trail Designations, Florida Fall Meeting Summary, ECGA in the News, much more
- September 2011: Welcome to Our New Mid-Atlantic Coordinator, New England Bike-Walk Summit, Hudson River Loop Ride, Moving Planet Rides, St. John's River-to-Sea Loop, Annual Meetings, much more
- August 2011: Route Spotlight: Calais to Portland Maine, East River Greenway in NYC, $1 Million for Beaufort Rail-Trail, Heart of Florida Trail, much more
- July 2011: Member Spotlight: NJ Freewalker Paul Kiczek, Alternate Route in Massachusetts, Another Link in NYC, Tobacco Heritage Trail in Virginia, Trail Numbers in Georgia, much more
- June 2011: New England Bike-Walk Summit, Farewell Mike Oliva, Mia Birk Speaking in Richmond, New Durham Office, New Trail in Georgia, much more
- May 2011: Big Merritt Parkway Trail news, US Bike Route One, Baltimore trail constructions, improvements in Myrtle Beach, much more
- April 2011: Preview of the ECGA meetings in Simsbury, many fun & educational events from MA to NC, trail development in Richmond, planning for FL's 500th anniversary
- March 2011: Reports from the National Bike Summit, many fun events from Mass. to NC, bridge news from Charleston SC
- February 2011: ECGA is hiring in NC & NJ, Mass. committee meeting, Farmington Canal fun ride planned, & much more
- January 2011: Coastal Georgia Greenway, West Ashley Greenway (SC), Cross-Jersey Walking Challenge, Southeastern Mass. trails meeting
- December 2010: Improvements in NJ & RI, promise in PA & SC, events in NC & NJ
- November 2010: New route for Richmond, progress in Daytona, ribbon-cutting in Maine
- October 2010: ECGA meetings report, VA and SC trail progress, PA event and NJ signage progress, new RI trail built
- September 2010: Florida trail tourism website, NC events, New England Bike-Walk Summit, fun rides in NY, NJ & PA
- August 2010: Florida trail hopes, NC greenway bike tour, Mid-Atlantic TIGER II grant, walking from Maine to NYC on the ECG
- July 2010: New England Bike-Walk Summit, Southeast High Speed Rail-with-trail, ribbon cuttings in Massachusetts
- June 2010: special fundraising issue
- May 2010: Mass. ribbon cutting, NYC fun ride on ECG, NJ 50-mile walk, much from Florida
- April 2010: Border to Boston Trail, Florida strides, Farmington trail, Pennsylvania news
- March 2010: National Bike Summit, Florida committee, NJ Portal Bridge, Hartford opportunity
- February 2010: $16 million TIGER grant for Philly, South East High Speed Rail + greenway, Fairfield County CT
- January 2010: Virginia Capital Trail, Met Branch Trail (DC), Eastern Trail (Maine), Providence planning (RI)
- December 2009: Newest Trail Designations, Down East Sunrise Trail, New D&R Canal Groundbreaking, NC Committee Re-Launch
- September 2009: Greetings from the New Executive Director, Stimulus Funds Build Trail in NJ, Virginia Capital Trail, New Partnerships in Florida
- July 2009: Dan & Sadie's Tour, NYC ECG Guide, Cary (NC) Greenways
- March 2009: Salem (MA) Routing, Westchester Biking Summit, Bridge Improvement in SC, Island Hopper Trail (GA)
- Older issues will be posted soon!
Print Newsletter Archives
- Spring/Summer 2013: Record Number of Trail Designations in 2012, New Virginia and Maryland Guides Out, and More.
- Fall/Winter 2012: Key Trail Connection in New Jersey, Record ECG Signs Placed, Report from Second Week-a-Year Tour, and More.
- Spring/Summer 2012: Second Week-a-Year Tour, Salute to the ECG Founders, From Deck to Greenway Bridge, and More.
- Summer/Fall 2011: First "Week-a-Year" Tour Kicks Off in Maine, Boats on the Greenway, Getting Trail on the Ground in Lean Financial Times.
- Winter 2010-11 Record-breaking year for designations; Down East Sunrise Trail complete - 85 miles; FL tourism effort; TIGER grant for Philly.
- Fall 2009 Executive Director transition; trail progress reports; financial update.
- Winter 2008-2009 St Johns River-to-the-Sea Loop Cycling Tour Inauguration; 2008 Trail Designations; ECG at Auto Shows.
- Fall 2008 The Nation's Mall in Washington D.C. is Part of the East Coast Greenway.
- Spring 2008 Greenway Cities: Durham, NC; 2007 State of the Trail Report.
- Winter 2007 Travel the Greenway Campaign; New Tools Available; New Trail Program Leadership Team; Czech Greenway Tour Review.
- Fall 2007 Who's on the Trail; Ambassador Program; New Staff; Four Regional Trips; Volunteer Steve Winslow.
- Summer 2007 Honing in on Closing the Gaps; Fuss & O'Neill Employees Bike to Work; South Bronx Greenway; Staff evaluates ECG in NY and NJ.
- Spring 2007 The Trail Ahead in 2007; Volunteer Dave Connelly; Florida's River to Sea Trail.
- Winter 2006 Reconnaissance Tour; State of the Trail Report; Northern Central Railroad Trail; Volunteer Greg Hinchliffe.
- Summer 2006 Southeast Program Boosted; Maine Students on the ECG; Waccamaw Neck Bikeway; Close the Gaps Club; Volunteer Dolores Newman.
- Spring 2006 Explore the Hudson River Park; Greenway Champion Bethel Logan Paris; ECG Trail Markers Posted; Greenways Reduce Back Pain.
- Fall 2005 Details on the new SAFETEA-LU Act passed by congress and how to access the funds; Connecticut's Farmington Canal Rail Trail.
- Summer 2005 "Close the Gaps" campaign announced; Greenway's first four unsupported through riders.
- Spring 2005 ECG in Virginia, Mt. Vernon Trail, ECGA advocacy, the Trails for a Healthy Maine Bond, ECG activity in Delaware.
- Winter 2005 First ECG Maine to Florida Tour, trail progress, 7th Annual Meeting, and our new board chair and vice-chair.
- Fall 2004 Focus on New Jersey, trail progress around the state and the recently completed route study for the Garden State's urban northern region.
- Winter 2003/2004
- Summer 2003 ECG Inaugurated, Kevin Porter takes the message to DC, Taking the message to Washington: The Maine Ride.
- Winter 2002/2003 Year in Review, regional news.
- Spring/summer 2002 Androscoggin River Bikepath, regional news, Touring South Florida along the ECG.
Guide to the ECG in Pennsylvania and Delaware, published 2009 (will be republished in 2013). Download your free guide!
Guide to the ECG in New Jersey , published 2009 (will be republished in 2013). Download your free guide!
- Guide to the ECG in Maryland / DC, published April, 2013. Download here,or order a hardcopy below(cost is $5 for shipping and handling, or order both MD/DC and VA guides for $7.50).
- Guide to the ECG in Virginia, published October 2012. Download here,or order a hardcopy below(cost is $5 for shipping and handling, or order both the VA and MD/DC guides for $7.50).
New York City Weekend Trip Planer, published 2009. Download the free brochure here.
Annual Reports and State of the Trail Reports
State of the Trail Reports
Maps, Guides, and Cue Sheets
We have published a variety of tools to help guide you in your travels along the ECG. You’ll find these in the Explore the Greenway section.
Enter your email for our|
Fay, Spofford & Thorndike is an established regional leader in the development of shared use paths/trails. To date, we have completed or have underway more than 500 miles of recreational trails in various stages of planning, design, and/or construction throughout New England and New York. FST's bike team has a unique understanding of the path/trail development process from the initial study phase through design, permitting and construction.
FST's Bike Team