North Carolina Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The North Carolina Committee for the ECG consists of volunteers who coordinate route selection and undertake our advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in their state. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies, and organizations at the local and state levels, the North Carolina Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
News & Events
Current Committee Goals
Support the Effort in North Carolina
Cape Fear Cyclists present the ECGA with a donation for work in North Carolina.
Upcoming NC-ECG meetings are mainly held at Stewart Engineering, 421 Fayetteville St., Suite 400, in Raleigh. Stewart Engineering will be happy to validate parking, just bring your ticket with you to the meeting.
Some of our current goals in North Carolina include:
- Sign the route with ECG trail markers to raise awareness and enhance the trail experience
- Designating major trail networks in Wake County and elsewhere
- Support the completion of new segment construction such as the ATT over I-40 and Neuse River Greenway in the Triangle
- Host strong events such as biking the Cabot Tour throughout our route in late May and early June
The North Carolina Committee consists of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of local trails. Please help the Committee create the ECG in NC by volunteering your time, becoming a member or sponsoring a mile of trail.
Recently, the North Carolina Committee has:
- Held the first NC-ECG Summit, bringing together stakeholders from local and state agencies and organizations to collaborate on route planning and implementation
- Posted ECG trail markers along all designated trails in Wilmington
- Installed an information/mile sponsor kiosk on the American Tobacco Trail in Durham
- Supported efforts for bridge design and construction along the American Tobacco Trail in Durham and Wake counties
North Carolina’s Mile Sponsors and ECG information are posted on this kiosk along the American Tobacco Trail in Durham.
The NC Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Bicycle along our current route and report any issues or concerns
- Help develop potential rail-to-trail projects north of Wilmington
- Support efforts to develop the Mountain-to-Sea Trail from Raleigh to New Bern
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in North Carolina
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions permanently posted in a kiosk along the route in North Carolina and on our website. Learn more.
Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in North Carolina. Please join today and help us complete the route!
NC Committee Chair
South Atlantic Region Trail Coordinator
<< To Virginia To South Carolina >>
Click the map for a larger view