Maryland Committee for the East Coast Greenway
The Maryland Committee for the ECG is made up of volunteers who are very active in advocating for Maryland’s trails, greenways, and bike/ped issues. These volunteers coordinate our route selection and undertake advocacy efforts to move the Greenway ahead in Maryland. By building support and partnerships with citizens, public agencies and organizations at the local and state levels, the Maryland Committee is helping to get the ECG on the ground, mile by mile.
Mayor Ellen Moyer of Annapolis proclaims “East Coast Greenway Day.”
News & Events
Current Committee Goals
Some of the Maryland Committees current goals include:
- Continuing to work towards getting bike/ped access on the Hatem Bridge over the Susquehanna River
- Posting ECG trail signage along the entire route
- Finding a location for an off-road trail between Bowie and College Park
- Maryland Blueprint for Action
- Maryland Benchmark Assessment
- Trail Builder’s Toolbox – ECG trail building, routing, signing, and designation materials
- Advocacy Toolkit – ECG advocacy, communications, and graphics guides and materials
Support the Effort in Maryland
The Maryland Committee consists of volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to advocate for the creation of local trails. Please help the Committee create the ECG in MD by volunteering your time, becoming a member or sponsoring a mile of trail.
Recent accomplishments of the Maryland Committee include:
- Finding a safe crossing of the Susquehanna River using Biller’s Bikes bridge crossing services
- Developing new routing in Cecil and Harford Counties, which takes travelers through historic areas including Havre de Grace and Perryville
- Helping to pass a law granting bike/ped access to state bridges
Maryland Committee chair Greg Hinchliffe (right) speaks at a ceremony dedicating a trail segment to trail advocate John Overstreet.
The Maryland Committee currently needs volunteers to:
- Help coordinate a committee to find routing between Bowie and College Park
- Travel the current travel route and provide feedback
- Promote the East Coast Greenway at public event
Sponsor a Mile of the ECG in Maryland
Mile sponsors will have their inscriptions posted in a kiosk along the B&A Trail in Severna Park. Learn more…
Become a member of the ECGA
Your membership dues support our advocacy work in Maryland. Please join today!
Maryland Committee Chair
ECGA Mid Atlantic Trail Coordinator
Andy Hamilton, RLA
<< To Delaware To Washington, DC >>